Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize question

XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize question

Mario S.

Hi,

how can I determine, if the XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize() was already
called
or not ?
There is no static method XMLPlatformUtils::isInitialized(). Perhaps this
would be a nice feature in the next Xerces Release ?
For now, I have a little workaround. Because it is really necessary that
a TransService is loaded and XMLPlatformUtils::fgTransService is in any
case not NULL after Initialize() method was called, I use this behaviour and
always check for the public static member variable
XMLPlatformUtils::fgTransService.
If it's NULL then the the PlatformUtils was not initialized and if it's not
NULL,
then I think I can be sure, that the Initialize() was called.

Is this workaround okay or is there a nicer way ?

Best Regards,
Mario S.