Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > How to force use of SAXON xslt processor?

How to force use of SAXON xslt processor?

Collin VanDyck

I've got a simple Java program:

public class Test {
System.out.println("xalan class: " +

org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl. newInstance().getClass().g
etName());
System.out.println("saxon class: " +

com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newInstance() .getClass().getName());
}
}

Whose output is:

xalan class: org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl
saxon class: org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl

It seems like Xalan has taken over my computer.

I do not have any classes in my jre/lib/endorsed, yet I cannot even get
saxon's transformer factory to reutrn a saxon transformer factory instance.
I want to be able to hot swap transformers in my application -- is there
something I am missing here?

Many thanks for any help.

Collin

Collin VanDyck

"Collin VanDyck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2Rkbc.12183102$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> I've got a simple Java program:
>
> public class Test {
> System.out.println("xalan class: " +

org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl. newInstance().getClass().g
> etName());
> System.out.println("saxon class: " +
>
> com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newInstance() .getClass().getName());
> }
> }
>
> Whose output is:
>
> xalan class: org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl
> saxon class: org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl
>
> It seems like Xalan has taken over my computer.
>
> I do not have any classes in my jre/lib/endorsed, yet I cannot even get
> saxon's transformer factory to reutrn a saxon transformer factory

instance.
> I want to be able to hot swap transformers in my application -- is there
> something I am missing here?
>
> Many thanks for any help.
>
> Collin

Ok I just got it to work setting the system property
"javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory". Thanks for reading my post