Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > FO: grip marker

FO: grip marker

Martin Trautmann

Hi all,

is there any standard for grip markers? I've found the fo:marker, but I
look for some kind of support for "grip marker" or "side makers" -
what's the correct English / XSL term to look for?

I want to place white letters on black box markers on the right side of the
page (as it is used e.g. in phone books for faster navigation)

Thanks,
Martin

Axial

"Thumb tabs" is the English term.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Axial <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Thumb tabs" is the English term.

thanks, I'll have a look for them now.
Martin

Martin Trautmann

Hi all,

I had a first google search for 'thumb tags' - without success. I
suppose I have to create black boxes with white font at a certain
position by a manual workaround, calculating absolute positions before,
or run the XML through some kind of preprocessor (perl script) to
compute reasonable placements.

Output shall be a PDF via FO. Any ideas how to procede best?

Thanks,
Martin

Axial

It's "tabs" not "tags".

Martin Trautmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had a first google search for 'thumb tags' - without success. I
> suppose I have to create black boxes with white font at a certain
> position by a manual workaround, calculating absolute positions before,
> or run the XML through some kind of preprocessor (perl script) to
> compute reasonable placements.
>
> Output shall be a PDF via FO. Any ideas how to procede best?
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

Martin Trautmann

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 08:36:28 -0700, Axial wrote:
> It's "tabs" not "tags".

oops - thanks for this correction - now I have some pages to scan for
answers.

Best regards
Martin

Write UTF-8 BOM marker char8s) at the start of file? X_AWieminer_X Java 2 08-18-2011 05:44 PM
Marker in ASP.Net =?Utf-8?B?V2FubmFiZV9HZWVr?= ASP .Net 1 05-14-2005 12:42 AM
Question regarding marker interfaces.... pentium Java 3 11-22-2004 09:27 PM
top level marker? Brian Henry ASP .Net 2 12-27-2003 01:47 AM
HTML text marker Joerg Firefox 5 09-18-2003 01:56 AM

Advertisments