Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Optimization for helper class XStr() ?

Optimization for helper class XStr() ?

Mario S.

Hi,

I use Xerces 2.5 since 2 weeks for creating/parsing xml documents.
It's important to have the best performance here.
I use always the Macro X() which instantiate helper class XStr() to
transcode the string in the right way. I tool this XStr() out from
the sample codes delivered by Xerces.

There is a comment in source above the XStr() class definition:
--
// This is a simple class that lets us do easy (though not terribly
efficient)

My question: Does anybody know a better/more performant way to transcode
a char* to XMLCh ?

Best Regards,
Mario S.