Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Problems porting a program from one computer to another. MSXML version?

Problems porting a program from one computer to another. MSXML version?

OKI

Hi.

Ive made a XML parser using MSXML2.LIB in a computer. When ive tried
to run it in another one like that:

HRESULT hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_DOMDocument, NULL,
CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_IXMLDOMDocument, (void **)&(this->xmlDoc));

the result is:

hr = -2147221164 (Class not registered)

I think it could be a problem with MSXML versions in the two
computers. In the first one I have the following libraries in
Windows\System32, msxml.dll, msxml3.dll, msxml3a.dll, msxml3r.dll,
msxmlr.dll. In the second one all I have is msxml.dll (different from
the first one) and msxmlr.dll.

Both computers have installed Windows2000.

If this is the problem, how can I know which MSXML version do I have?
Ive tried some ASP sniffers but in the second computer I havent
internet connection.

I'd appreciate some help from you.

Thanks in advance.

Martin SChukrazy

Check out and compare the prog Id's of the two different computers (for
MSXML) in the registry. They should be different. In that case your code a)
either has to handle this b) or throw up an error saying it requires the
latest version of MSXML.
The appropriate forum for this is in MSDEV and not here..

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...