Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Color-coding verbs only

Color-coding verbs only

Franck

Dear all

Would anyone know of any program capable of AUTOMATICALLY "detecting"
verbs in a text and "tagging"/"highlighting" them in color?

I'm thinking of what Google uses for example when one uses the
function cache to retrieve instances in a text. The end result would
be the full text with highlighted regions, these regions being verbs.

Regards

F.S

Stuart A Yeates

Franck wrote:
> Dear all
>
> Would anyone know of any program capable of AUTOMATICALLY "detecting"
> verbs in a text and "tagging"/"highlighting" them in color?
>
> I'm thinking of what Google uses for example when one uses the
> function cache to retrieve instances in a text. The end result would
> be the full text with highlighted regions, these regions being verbs.

Google for "part of speech tagging", which is what the processing is
called. I'd recommend the Brill tagger, but it's output is non-XML.

cheers
stuart

Franck

Thanks.

I am just trying to input a text in any program, and by the click of
the mouse get all the verbs highlighted.