Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Simple mark-up for CMS

Simple mark-up for CMS

Geoff Soper

I'm designing/coding a content management system in PHP and am
currently considering how the users will add textual content. I would
like them to be able to use some kind of simple mark-up, like a very
limited subset of HTML, probably with a more friendly naming scheme.
Does anybody have experience of such a thing? I'm thinking an XML
application is the proper answer but when I consider the DTD and
parser it seems like an overkill solution if I'm starting from
scratch.
Does anybody have any advice or suggestions on this? I'm sure it's
been done before but I don't know where to look, is there something
existing I can use or adapt? Has anybody tried this kind of thing
before?

I'd really appreciate any kind of help in this,
Geoff

DFN-CIS NetNews Service

Have a look at wiki. http://wiki.org/

--
Stuart
See headers for PGP Key.

[OT] cms for simple shop imbirek8 HTML 1 11-24-2008 10:13 PM
Ultra-simple CMS for 1 page KiwiBrian HTML 4 05-19-2006 01:59 PM
Simple CMS for my site? Olav Tollefsen ASP .Net 1 08-04-2005 09:07 PM
looking for a simple CMS peter10 Java 2 08-20-2004 08:38 PM
Simple pyhon-based CMS Stewart Midwinter Python 4 04-16-2004 01:12 AM

Advertisments