Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > unordered elements in DTD example...bogus?

unordered elements in DTD example...bogus?

Ha

I found an article (see link below) that states that xml elements can
be order independent by removing the commas in the DTD.

Ex: (notice no comma between NAME and EMAIL)
<!ELEMENT CONTACT (NAME EMAIL)>
<!ELEMENT NAME (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT EMAIL (#PCDATA)>

In this case, we expect to see XML along the lines of:
<CONTACT>
<NAME>Jim Sanger</NAME>
<EMAIL>(E-Mail Removed)</EMAIL>
</CONTACT>

Alternatively, the following code would be valid:
<CONTACT>
<EMAIL>(E-Mail Removed)</EMAIL>
<NAME>Jim Sanger</NAME>
</CONTACT>

I have not found any other articles supporting this. All others state
to use either attributes, or create permutations.

Is this a bogus article?
http://wdvl.internet.com/Authoring/L...tro/order.html

arnold m. slotnik

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Ha) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> Is this a bogus article?
> http://wdvl.internet.com/Authoring/L...torials/Intro/
> order.html

Absolutely bogus.

Falls under the heading of "when in doubt, make stuff up".

--
a. m. slotnik