Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > M$oft patents the wheel

M$oft patents the wheel

Andy Dingley

http://v3.espacenet.com/textclam?DB=...&QPN=EP1376387

"Word-processing document stored in a single XML file"

Bernd Felsche

Andy Dingley <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>http://v3.espacenet.com/textclam?DB=...&QPN=EP1376387

>"Word-processing document stored in a single XML file"

They must have spare lawyers. Lawyers who are completely ignorant.

Come to think of it; that probably describes quite a few Patent
lawyers.

My guess is that M$ will try to use that to knobble OpenOffice.

Just checked... "my" Patent's still there; almost 19 years old.
Looks like the new owners didn't think it worthwhile to "develop"
and maintain.

\ / ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!
X against HTML mail | Copy me into your ~/.signature
/ \ and postings | to help me spread!

AVR core and patents avishay VHDL 0 06-09-2005 01:10 PM
semi OT:Microsoft patents tabbing through a web page kayodeok HTML 8 09-09-2004 01:15 AM
Patents Unleashed and the future of Java Programming --- Java 30 05-26-2004 03:36 PM
Amazon Patents Microsoft's DataGrid Inline Editing Feature.... nospam ASP .Net 1 09-18-2003 04:57 AM
patents or patent attorney georgina31 Computer Support 1 09-13-2003 09:41 PM

Advertisments