Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Newbie: how to make parser find a schema

Newbie: how to make parser find a schema

michelle

I've been going through the w3.org schema tutorial and I got stuck.

I created a simple schema and a test xml document. How do I get a
validating parser to find my schema?

I'm using the SAX2Print example program in xerces as my test parser. (It
just parses the file and spits it back out to the screen.) If I use a
DOCTYPE declaration and reference a DTD, the parser validates against the
DTD. How do I make it to the same thing with a schema? My test schema is in
a local directory (actually, the same directory as the xml file).

Thanks.

Toni Uusitalo

Example at the bottom of page in:
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/schema.html

p.s. You should mention you're working with xerces-c, there's also
xerces-j for Java.

"michelle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:58XLb.10457$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> I've been going through the w3.org schema tutorial and I got stuck.
>
> I created a simple schema and a test xml document. How do I get a
> validating parser to find my schema?
>
> I'm using the SAX2Print example program in xerces as my test parser. (It
> just parses the file and spits it back out to the screen.) If I use a
> DOCTYPE declaration and reference a DTD, the parser validates against the
> DTD. How do I make it to the same thing with a schema? My test schema is

in
> a local directory (actually, the same directory as the xml file).
>
> Thanks.

with respect,
Toni Uusitalo