Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Q: localfile as validating scheme (anyURI problem)

Q: localfile as validating scheme (anyURI problem)

Hrvoje Somun

i am trying to use file on local computer as xsd, but my java program always
throws;

URI file:C:/data.xml
cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: 'C:\shemadata.xsd' is not a valid value for
'anyURI'.

only anyuri type i use in schema is in

<FirstTag xmlrp="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="shemadata.xsd"></FirstTag>

in shema
<xs:element name="FirstTag">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
</xs:sequence>
<xs:attribute name="xmlrp" type="xs:anyURI" use="required"/> //
only anyURI
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

even if i change xmlrp to type string it wount validate right and throws
same message. Is it because 'C:\shemadata.xsd' is not of type anyURI ?

thnx

Pieter Vandepitte

Hi , i don't think i understand your post completely, but a anyURI
represents a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI). It's quite like URL's
(though there's a difference). Anyway, to be short you should have
something like file://<MY_LOCAL_FILE> and 'C:\shemadata.xsd' is
definitely not

w. kind regards
PIeter

Hrvoje Somun wrote:
> i am trying to use file on local computer as xsd, but my java program always
> throws;
>
> URI file:C:/data.xml
> cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: 'C:\shemadata.xsd' is not a valid value for
> 'anyURI'.
>
> only anyuri type i use in schema is in
>
> <FirstTag xmlrp="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="shemadata.xsd"></FirstTag>
>

> in shema
> <xs:element name="FirstTag">
> <xs:complexType>
> <xs:sequence>
> </xs:sequence>
> <xs:attribute name="xmlrp" type="xs:anyURI" use="required"/> //
> only anyURI
> </xs:complexType>
> </xs:element>
>

> even if i change xmlrp to type string it wount validate right and throws
> same message. Is it because 'C:\shemadata.xsd' is not of type anyURI ?
>
> thnx

Hrvoje Somun

i found error in my program, big thanks!

"Pieter Vandepitte" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi , i don't think i understand your post completely, but a anyURI
> represents a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI). It's quite like URL's
> (though there's a difference). Anyway, to be short you should have
> something like file://<MY_LOCAL_FILE> and 'C:\shemadata.xsd' is
> definitely not
>
> w. kind regards
> PIeter
>
> Hrvoje Somun wrote:
> > i am trying to use file on local computer as xsd, but my java program

always
> > throws;
> >
> > URI file:C:/data.xml
> > cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: 'C:\shemadata.xsd' is not a valid value for
> > 'anyURI'.
> >
> > only anyuri type i use in schema is in
> >
> > <FirstTag xmlrp="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> > xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> > xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="shemadata.xsd"></FirstTag>
> >

> > in shema
> > <xs:element name="FirstTag">
> > <xs:complexType>
> > <xs:sequence>
> > </xs:sequence>
> > <xs:attribute name="xmlrp" type="xs:anyURI" use="required"/>

//