Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XML Schema namespace prefix?

XML Schema namespace prefix?

Laurens

Hi,

Which one is preferred: "xs" or "xsd"?

I'm just getting started with XML Schemas. Both prefixes seem to be used
widely, at least in the example documents I came across. Currently I code my
schemas in JEdit. I'd like the prefix to stay the same if someone edits the
schema in, for instance, a GUI-based designer.

Thanks
-Laurens

Martin Honnen

Laurens wrote:

> Which one is preferred: "xs" or "xsd"?
>
> I'm just getting started with XML Schemas. Both prefixes seem to be used
> widely, at least in the example documents I came across.

Define your prefix and use it, I don't think there are any suggestions
what to use. I tend to use xs saving me on typing the 'd'.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/