Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XSLT chains - to pull or to push?

XSLT chains - to pull or to push?

Barney Barumba

Hi,

From reading the Xalan doco, there are two sugegsted methods for
routing the output from one transformation into the input of a second:
the 'push' method using TransformerHandlers and the 'pull' method
using XMLFilters.

Is there any info anywhere regarding the relative performance of these
two approaches, and when one would be more applicable than the other?
The only practical difference I can see from a coding point of view is
that the TransformerHandler allow access to the underlying
Transformer, which in turn allows you to pass parameters to the
transformation - something I cannot see how to do with the XMLFilter
method.

Regards,

Barney

weak pull up and pull down krithiga81@yahoo.com VHDL 2 06-28-2006 02:18 PM
Creating certificate chains, any java CA APIs???? gfrommer@hotmail.com Java 2 06-17-2005 02:41 PM
handlers and chains plork123 Java 0 05-13-2005 08:56 AM
when to throws or catch exception in chains of method calls? Matt Java 2 07-01-2004 02:27 PM
SSL trust chains Brian J. Sayatovic Java 0 10-16-2003 04:51 PM

Advertisments