Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > how to use starts-with

how to use starts-with

Ragnar Heil

Hi,

just a simple question, I am not sure about the right way of using
quotes within a string

I want to delete the first 4 letters of the title if the title begins
with "L1"

strXSLT = strXSLT & "<xsl:if test='starts-with(./@title,L1)'>"
strXSLT = strXSLT & "<xsl:value-of select='substring(./@title, 4, 10)'
/>"
strXSLT = strXSLT & "</xsl:if>"

Could you please check my few lines?

regards
Ragnar

Martin Honnen

Ragnar Heil wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just a simple question, I am not sure about the right way of using
> quotes within a string
>
> I want to delete the first 4 letters of the title if the title begins
> with "L1"
>
> strXSLT = strXSLT & "<xsl:if test='starts-with(./@title,L1)'>"

Is that VBScript?? If so
strXSLT = strXSLT & "<xsl:if test='starts-with(./@title,""L1"")'>"