Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Checking compatibility between schemas

Checking compatibility between schemas

Jesper Bengtson

Hi all.

I have been trying to find a way to check wether one schema includes
the
semantic definition of another, i. e., can an XML-document sent to
Schema1
be sent to Schema2 instead. The reverse does not have to hold. In
fact,
it is not expected to hold. The reason for this is that we want in an
automatic fashion to verify wether or not schemas provided by a third
party are compatible with ours. I have been searching the web for
tools and I have been checking libraries for Java to find support for
this, but so far, I have not found anything. It feels like this is
quite a general problem though.

I would be greatful for any insights.

/Jesper Bengtson
PhD Student of Computer Science