Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Validating against XSD given only a DOM Node

Validating against XSD given only a DOM Node

Nazghal

Does anyone know if it's possible to validate a DOM node against a
supplied schema?

We are in a situation where we are coding to an API and receiving an
already parsed subset of a document as a DOM node. I'd like to
validate that this fragment of XML/DOM against it's schema file. Is
this possible? Any pointers on how to go about this?

Everything I've read regarding validation with Xerces etc, is while
parsing the original document, which unfortunately we don't have
access to..