Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XML and VB6

XML and VB6

Tom Cashman

I'm working on a project with some friends for tracking information
related to movie production. But the only program I'm any good with is
VB6 Is there any way to join the two? ie: create the XML schema and use
it as a file structure in VB6?

Any websites about this?

Tom

Andy Dingley

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 06:09:35 GMT, Tom Cashman <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I'm working on a project with some friends for tracking information
>related to movie production. But the only program I'm any good with is
>VB6 Is there any way to join the two?

XML is almost completely independent of the programing language you
use with it. Now VB isn't the greatest language in the world, but if
it's what you know, then you can certainly use it.

XML is normally used through a "DOM" component that you find
ready-made from somewhere, not by writing your own. M$oft have MSXML
which is a fairly good one that also does XSL transforms.

Most details can be found at MSDN, or the SDK help is downloadable.

fa.falaschi

ok, but if you have to send a very long xml?
i had it crunked by the server
how could i do

fa.falasch

VB6 to Web Service using XML parameters Ringo ASP .Net Web Services 1 02-07-2004 06:03 PM
New XML facilities for VB6 David L XML 0 12-22-2003 05:48 AM
Re: VB6: Method to compare two XML documents Nick Kew XML 0 11-04-2003 03:09 PM
newbie question - binding to VB6 form with XML? captain tom XML 0 07-17-2003 09:17 PM

Advertisments