XSL:FO page-numbering on alternate pages

will

Hope someone can help me here, as I can't find the answer anywhere.

I'm printing documents using XML and XSL:FO. The documents are
double-sided. I want to number the pages so that the physical 2nd page
is called Page #2, the physical 3rd page is called Page #3, and so on.
At the moment, the front of the physical 2nd page is coming out as
Page #3, and the front of the physical 3rd page is coming out as Page
#5, and so on. It's true that "Page 5" is the 5th A4 side to be
printed in the document, but I need it to state just the physical page
count. In other words, I want the page-numbering to skip a count every
second side so that I get a count of the number of physical pages and
not just the count of printed sides. I don't want any page count on
the reverse sides.

Can anyone help me here? I'd be extremely grateful. I've exhausted all
usual research avenues.

Kind regards

Will

Colin Savage

As far as I am aware there is no way to do this.

If you haven't already, try posting your question on
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xsl-fo
or
mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xsl-fo/

The following would indicate that there is not going to be a way in the near
future either:
http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/2003/01/...#02OctDec-0059

Colin

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

Hyperterm alternate? S. Gione Cisco 10 09-26-2011 06:34 PM
what's 'alternate' in <link rel=alternate>? Chris ASP .Net 2 03-04-2007 04:45 PM
Alternate initializers or alternate class? transfire@gmail.com Ruby 10 07-17-2006 03:20 AM
Mail problem: Inserting images without alternate text NorCalIC Firefox 4 08-11-2004 04:59 PM
route vpn to alternate router Bostjan Cisco 0 06-09-2004 05:51 PM

Advertisments