Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Web Service Example?

Web Service Example?

Jim

OK... so I have to do this presentation next week about what web
services are... which I can do, but I'd like to show a few "examples"
of webservices available online.

Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where I can find
some good examples online that actually work?

Thanks...

Rob Tweed

Have a look at www.xmethods.net. Also at
www.mgateway.com/wsdlvalidator.htm where you'll find an online client
that demonstrates how they work by automatically discovering the SOAP
interfaces from the WSDL document

For a simple and effective one, have a look at the California Highways
traffic report service (WSDL at
http://www.xmethods.net/sd/2001/CATrafficService.wsdl)

Rob

On 30 Nov 2003 18:50:55 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jim)
wrote:

>OK... so I have to do this presentation next week about what web
>services are... which I can do, but I'd like to show a few "examples"
>of webservices available online.
>
>Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where I can find
>some good examples online that actually work?
>
>Thanks...

---
Rob Tweed
M/Gateway Developments Ltd

Global DOMination with eXtc : http://www.mgateway.tzo.com
---

Iain

I think google have got a web service interface as well.

Iain
"Rob Tweed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have a look at www.xmethods.net. Also at
> www.mgateway.com/wsdlvalidator.htm where you'll find an online client
> that demonstrates how they work by automatically discovering the SOAP
> interfaces from the WSDL document
>
> For a simple and effective one, have a look at the California Highways
> traffic report service (WSDL at
> http://www.xmethods.net/sd/2001/CATrafficService.wsdl)
>
> Rob
>
> On 30 Nov 2003 18:50:55 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Jim)
> wrote:
>
> >OK... so I have to do this presentation next week about what web
> >services are... which I can do, but I'd like to show a few "examples"
> >of webservices available online.
> >
> >Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where I can find
> >some good examples online that actually work?
> >
> >Thanks...

> ---
> Rob Tweed
> M/Gateway Developments Ltd
>
> Global DOMination with eXtc : http://www.mgateway.tzo.com
> ---

Finnbarr P. Murphy

Have a look at Google Web Services APIs at www.google.com/apis/.

To access these Services requires a unique (license) key, and
Google limits each key to 1000 searches per day. Getting a key
takes only a few minutes.

If you want an XForms/Web Services demonstration, have
a look at the formsPlayer Google Web services example.
(www.formsplayer.com/community/samples/index.html)

- Finnbarr

(E-Mail Removed) (Jim) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> OK... so I have to do this presentation next week about what web
> services are... which I can do, but I'd like to show a few "examples"
> of webservices available online.
>
> Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where I can find
> some good examples online that actually work?
>
> Thanks...

GIMME

You question is too vague ...

Webservices can refer to :

1. SOAP
2. Packages which use SOAP such as AXIS
3. How J2EE containers like BEA or WebSphere publish access to EJBs.

So what are you interested in ...

Something like "look at AXIS" might be a good tip, but if you're
a student with 30 hours to spend on a project looking at that might
be beyond your technical background or within your time limitations.

It does come with some out of the box examples.

Try http://ws.apache.org/axis/index.html

This is a starting point for one approach to marshalling
and unmarshalling objects using SOAP.

For quick stuff you can make you own web service using JDOM.