Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > #FIXED vs. default attribute value

#FIXED vs. default attribute value

Stephan Melchior

What is exactly the difference between the following attibute-definitions

<!ATTLIST root att (value) "value">
<!ATTLIST root att (value) #FIXED "value">

Greetings
Stephan

Richard Tobin

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Stephan Melchior <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What is exactly the difference between the following attibute-definitions
>
><!ATTLIST root att (value) "value">
><!ATTLIST root att (value) #FIXED "value">

In effect, none.

The choice may convey different intentions: you might use the first case
if you envisage adding new values later.

-- Richard

FreeBSD rules!