Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > strange tag

strange tag

pezas

Hi there.

Im trying to analyze an xmlfile.
And I didnt get far before I found a strange tag.

Below is the tag I cant understand what it does or means.
I appears directly after the xmltag <?xml version="1.0" and so on...

<?NET SND="IMPLIED" REC="SE00327645000" MSGTYPE="NETCAST"?>

Is there anyone who can explain this to me?

Thanks

Peter

Thomas Jollans

pezas wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> Im trying to analyze an xmlfile.
> And I didnt get far before I found a strange tag.
>
> Below is the tag I cant understand what it does or means.
> I appears directly after the xmltag <?xml version="1.0" and so on...
>
> <?NET SND="IMPLIED" REC="SE00327645000" MSGTYPE="NETCAST"?>
>
> Is there anyone who can explain this to me?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

This type of tag is called /processing instruction/. It holds some type
of information for the application it is intended for. It shouldn't be
too difficult to understand if you know what application it is for.
Usually NET should be the application name. If you find out what app it
is for, someone may be able to give you more help.

Thomas

pezas

Thomas Jollans <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bpfjeh$7ru$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>...
> pezas wrote:
> > Hi there.
> >
> > Im trying to analyze an xmlfile.
> > And I didnt get far before I found a strange tag.
> >
> > Below is the tag I cant understand what it does or means.
> > I appears directly after the xmltag <?xml version="1.0" and so on...
> >
> > <?NET SND="IMPLIED" REC="SE00327645000" MSGTYPE="NETCAST"?>
> >
> > Is there anyone who can explain this to me?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Peter

> This type of tag is called /processing instruction/. It holds some type
> of information for the application it is intended for. It shouldn't be
> too difficult to understand if you know what application it is for.
> Usually NET should be the application name. If you find out what app it
> is for, someone may be able to give you more help.
>
> Thomas

Aha!

Well, thank you Thomas for your fast reply.

Peter.

Peter.