Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Import XML file

Import XML file

Don Grover

I may not explain myself properly as I am a newby to xml & xsl so please
allow for this.
I am using HTTP Post to get a XML-RPC file from a remote server and need to
convert it to a string suitable to import into mssql server.

I have a vbscript that has a function where i have an xml file imported
into a string that i need to apply a xsl file against to transform the
elements, so I can import them into sql server using a sp and passing on a
new string.

My xml file is stored in sText as a string
I need to transform it and put transformed doc into a new string into
sTransText
Using 'ImportStockList.xsl' , can I put this xsl file into a string and just
call a function with a returned transformed string or do I need to keep
'ImportStockList.xsl' as a file.

I dont know something like sTransText = XMLDOM.Transform(sText)
You get my idea, can anyone off some help on this please.
Regards
Don Grover