Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Determining line number for diagnostics during DOM traversal

Determining line number for diagnostics during DOM traversal

Jim Cobban

I am reading an XML file using Java. I would like to issue diagnostic
messages which identify the original line number in the source, but that
information does not appear to be available during a DOM traversal. I am
using DOM rather than SAX because I want to be able to update the DOM and
then write the updated XML file back out.

--
Jim Cobban http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
34 Palomino Dr.