Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > HTTP POST & RPC-XML

HTTP POST & RPC-XML

Don Grover

Please bear with me, I do not have a good understanding of HTTP POST and
only a moderate understanding of XML.
I maybe wrong in my explanation and interpritation so correct me if i am.

I have to do two things against a unix server.
1) using VBSCRIPT pass a value to a webservice using HTTP POST and return a
XML file, not from a web page but a standaloan vbscript file.
I have to pass an order number and get back connote number, date and
quantity for that order number passed.
The xml file is from an iGate stock system and name pairs are like
<1601>myordernum</1601> etc..

2) I have to upload an xml file of order details as well.

Does anyone have any links or samples that relate to vbscript or can
enlighten me on best way to do it.

Regards
Don Grover

Steve Slatcher

Don Grover wrote:
> Please bear with me, I do not have a good understanding of HTTP POST
> and only a moderate understanding of XML.
> I maybe wrong in my explanation and interpritation so correct me if i
> am.
>
> I have to do two things against a unix server.
> 1) using VBSCRIPT pass a value to a webservice using HTTP POST and
> return a XML file, not from a web page but a standaloan vbscript file.
> I have to pass an order number and get back connote number, date and
> quantity for that order number passed.
> The xml file is from an iGate stock system and name pairs are like
> <1601>myordernum</1601> etc..
>
> 2) I have to upload an xml file of order details as well.
>
> Does anyone have any links or samples that relate to vbscript or can
> enlighten me on best way to do it.

I doubt you can do it in VBScript alone. You certainly can't in JavaScript.

You will need to use your scripting language to control something like a
Java Applet to do the HTTP communication. That certainly does work - I have
done it. Guess you should be able to use MSXML too if you can be sure your
client machines have that installed.

Http post and http get n3d!m Python 2 02-06-2012 09:18 PM
Why getInputStream in a http servlet request isn't getting the datasent by browser HTTP POST action? James Java 3 11-25-2005 11:17 PM
HTTP GET vs HTTP POST protocol serge calderara ASP .Net Web Services 1 11-04-2005 01:27 PM
How to enter to .aspx page by http connection using http POST request farazkazmi@gmail.com Java 6 08-29-2005 02:58 PM

Advertisments