Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > xml validation servlet

xml validation servlet

Tommy

HI!

I'm looking for a servlet which i can set up on my own server. it would
be nice if there would be something released under gnu licence or
anything like that.

i want to upload a xml-file and compare or validate it to a xsd-file
which is saved on the server. if the sml-file is valid it should jump to
a different page and if it's wrong it should response the errors.

is there anything out there, which is easy to set up on my server?!

thanks

Tommy

Martin Honnen

Tommy wrote:
> I'm looking for a servlet which i can set up on my own server. it would
> be nice if there would be something released under gnu licence or
> anything like that.
>
> i want to upload a xml-file and compare or validate it to a xsd-file
> which is saved on the server. if the sml-file is valid it should jump to
> a different page and if it's wrong it should response the errors.
>
> is there anything out there, which is easy to set up on my server?!

Check http://xml.apache.org/, it has a Java XML parser that can validate
against a schema. As for setting up that servlet you are probably
getting better help in a group about server side Java programming.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Nick Kew

In article <3fa0ec9c$(E-Mail Removed)>, one of infinite monkeys
at the keyboard of Martin Honnen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> is there anything out there, which is easy to set up on my server?!

> Check http://xml.apache.org/, it has a Java XML parser that can validate
> against a schema. As for setting up that servlet you are probably
> getting better help in a group about server side Java programming.

Indeed. But the original question looks like a possible case of
an over-specified problem. If the requirement for Java/servlet
is dropped, the solution becomes much easier: mod_validator (or
its predecessor based on mod_xml) work with Apache httpd.

--
Nick Kew

In urgent need of paying work - see http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html