Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XML Parser?

XML Parser?

Adrian

Hello everyone,

I am quite new when it comes to things XML. I realize that a parser is in
fact needed for the xml, but I am not quite sure what I need.

I do know how to use apache, mysql, php etc. but when it comes to xml I am
quite lost.

If someone could point me in the right direction for an XML parser that will
integrate smoothly with apache, I would be in your debt eternally.

A side note, can anyone point me towards some good tutorials, ones that
don't start with "this is what html is". I'm into the hands on approach.

Thanks in advance,
Adrian

Martin Honnen

Adrian wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am quite new when it comes to things XML. I realize that a parser is in
> fact needed for the xml, but I am not quite sure what I need.
>
> I do know how to use apache, mysql, php etc. but when it comes to xml I am
> quite lost.
>
> If someone could point me in the right direction for an XML parser that will
> integrate smoothly with apache, I would be in your debt eternally.

Check xml.apache.org, there you will find XML parsers imlemented in C++
and Java which can be used with C++, Perl, or Java

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Zurab Davitiani

Adrian wrote on Wednesday 08 October 2003 08:57:

> I am quite new when it comes to things XML. I realize that a parser is in
> fact needed for the xml, but I am not quite sure what I need.
>
> I do know how to use apache, mysql, php etc. but when it comes to xml I am
> quite lost.
>
> If someone could point me in the right direction for an XML parser that
> will integrate smoothly with apache, I would be in your debt eternally.
>
> A side note, can anyone point me towards some good tutorials, ones that
> don't start with "this is what html is". I'm into the hands on approach.

You might want to check out ActiveLink PHP XML Package from:

http://www.active-link.com/intranet/software.php OR
http://php-xml.sourceforge.net/

It should be good for doing simple XML tasks - not only parsing but
creation, add/update/modify, and output. It also has a good
example/tutorial script to get you started.

ActiveLink PHP XML Package does not use any PHP XML libraries and does
everything on its own in PHP. It's available under LGPL.

</END-Self-Promotion>

--
Business Web Solutions
ActiveLink, LLC

Nick Kew

In article <JtWgb.3659$(E-Mail Removed)>, one of infinite monkeys
at the keyboard of "Adrian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> If someone could point me in the right direction for an XML parser that will
> integrate smoothly with apache, I would be in your debt eternally.

Apache already contains an xml parser, expat.

If you're looking for higher-level tools, see modules.apache.org.
For a more extensive discussion, see my talk at ApacheCon on Nov.18th.

--
Nick Kew

Apache Development and Support: http://apache.webthing.com/
Web Standards, QA, Accessibility: http://valet.webthing.com/

Adrian

Thank you everyone for your input. It has made my life much simpler in I
have a base to start from now.

~ Adrian

news:JtWgb.3659$(E-Mail Removed)...