Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > CData Error (Java JDOM)

CData Error (Java JDOM)

Elton John

I'm using JDK 1.4.2 and JDOM 9.

Is there a restriction on what can be put into CDATA sections ? IE is
failing on the registered trademark sign (r in a circle). It might not be IE
but that's all I have here. Is there a restriction on what I can put into
CDATA ?

Richard Tobin

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Elton John <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there a restriction on what can be put into CDATA sections ? IE is
>failing on the registered trademark sign (r in a circle). It might not be IE
>but that's all I have here. Is there a restriction on what I can put into
>CDATA ?

You can certainly put that character in a CDATA section, but because
you can't use character references in a CDATA section you can only do
it if the encoding you are using includes that character. However,
most encodings (eg latin-1) do include it, so I doubt that's the
problem.

-- Richard

FreeBSD rules!

Sintax Error on Firebug <![CDATA[ Yuri Camara XML 1 07-19-2011 03:20 PM
Can I un-CDATA my CDATA section and elaborate a transformation for the contained data? troppfigo@excite.it XML 3 03-06-2006 03:01 AM
XML cdata error Larry XML 2 03-31-2005 11:08 AM
Strange error with "Replace" in a CDATA Section Rick Brandt XML 0 08-19-2004 03:04 PM
Extracting CDATA Text without CDATA Tags??? John Davison Java 1 07-06-2004 11:00 PM

Advertisments