Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Accessing the folder contents from xml

Accessing the folder contents from xml

Ann

Hi,

Is there a way i can access the contents of a folder from xml and
print it out ? (For eg:- some thing like Filesystemobject in vb )

Any help will be appreciated..
Thanks,
Ann

Micah Cowan

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Ann) writes:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way i can access the contents of a folder from xml and
> print it out ? (For eg:- some thing like Filesystemobject in vb )

XML is not a programming language, so no.

If you meant in XSLT, the answer is also no, unless your particular
implementation supports an extension for it.

-Micah

Martin Boehm

"Ann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way i can access the contents of a folder from xml and
> print it out ? (For eg:- some thing like Filesystemobject in vb )

The FileSysteObject is excactly what you need. Recurse the hierarchy of
folders and produce XML from it. You might want to use IIS to do that
for you, so that you have a URL to reference.

Martin