Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > MapForce2004 impressions?

MapForce2004 impressions?

John Finney

Does anyone have early impressions or experience with Altova's
MapForce2004? In particular, I want to know the things it cannot do
-- every O/R tool I have seen so far has some fatal flaw.

Bob Foster

I thought it was an X/R tool?

IBM's WSAD has a mapping tool that sounds similiar; for XML-to-XML, theirs
produces an XSL transform that you can customize by hand, if need be. Have
you looked at that one?

Bob Foster

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

"Bob Foster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<DRd6b.373577$uu5.71451@sccrnsc04>...
> I thought it was an X/R tool?

> IBM's WSAD has a mapping tool that sounds similiar; for XML-to-XML, theirs
> produces an XSL transform that you can customize by hand, if need be. Have
> you looked at that one?

I haven't. My main interest is XML <-> RDB. Tools from database
vendors tend to put restrictions on the XML schema, while I fear that
this tool will ultimately place restrictions on the database schema.