Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Key/keyref validation in schema?

Key/keyref validation in schema?

Marek Malowidzki

Hi all,

Is anyone aware of a tool able to correcly verify an XML document against a
schema that includes keys and key refs? I have tried three various tools for
schema-based validation but they seem to ignore the keys (no error reported
when keys are invalid, i.e. path selector point to elements that do not
exist in schema, or when keys are valid but constraints are violated in the
document).

Best regards,

Marek

Mark Preston

On 18 Aug 2003 04:35:56 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Marek Malowidzki)
wrote:

>Is anyone aware of a tool able to correcly verify an XML document against a
>schema that includes keys and key refs? [snip]

XML Spy will manage it for you (try the free trial download). There
are also several "mini" versions of Spy available either cheaply or
for free at the Altova site that you can use.

When in doubt about XML, visit www.altova.com