Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > using XML tags for behavior

using XML tags for behavior

Lucia

Hello,

I'd like to use XML for behavior. For example an xml-file, which noted
a "IF-THEN" statement.

<function name="test">
<if condition="i=0">
<function name="funexample" parameter="0">
<else>
<assin variable="i" value="i+1">
</if>
</function>

Is there any application to run these code direct in a Java class?

Till now I've found a scripting language "Simkin" using an second
approach. That means, xml can incorporate behavior, if the xml file
written in that form:
<function name="test2">
if (i=0){
funexample(0);
}else {
i=i+1;
};
</function>

I'd like to know if any new scripting language can be used for the
first xml file?

Best regards

Lucia

Thomas Weidenfeller

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Lucia) writes:
> Thank you very much for your answer. Would you pls tell me more about
> the state transition table?(or links) This is a totally new area for
> me.

Google is your friend. E.g. the following links looks interesting (I
didn't check them). All should be about finite state machines. There
are others, but FSMs should be a good start, esp. because you can
ignore the math and still understand them

http://users.ece.gatech.edu/limsk/co.../pdfs/lec8.pdf
http://class.ee.wustl.edu/ee460/sp02...s/Lesson12.pdf
http://www.desaware.com/Articles/Sta...ineIntroL3.htm
http://www.isip.msstate.edu/publicat...99/lecture_12/
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/fsm/tech.html
http://www.microconsultants.com/tips/fsm/fsmarticl.pdf

> best regards from Aachen

If you study at the RWTH, have a look at the library. It is for sure
brim-full of literature about all kinds of state machines. It is a
fundamental concept in computer science, and there should be thousands
of textbooks, articles and research papers about them.

/Thomas