Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Re: [XML Parser] filling empty attribute values with the default value specified in the XML schema.

Re: [XML Parser] filling empty attribute values with the default value specified in the XML schema.

Bob Foster

"Stefan Siegl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bg37ff$kd5qt$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there is an easy possiblity to configure a XML parser
> to automatically set empty attribute values to the default value
> specified in the xml schema file.
>
> I am currently using the dom4j framework with the validating Xerces2
> SAX2 Parser.

I take it you are writing because you tried it and the parser doesn't do
this? I am surprised. Are you sure you have schema validation turned on?

Bob Foster