Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Protocol Format in XML

Protocol Format in XML

John Smith

Hi,

I was told by someone that you can specify a protocol format in xml just
like ASN.1. I did a search on the web and couldn't come up with anything
relevant to this. Part of the problem maybe that I am not searching for the
right keywords.

Is there a tool available that can take message definitions in XML and
generate c encoders and decoders?

Thanks!

Ed Day

"John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<M9uVa.29588$Ne.21608@fed1read03>...
> Hi,
>
> I was told by someone that you can specify a protocol format in xml just
> like ASN.1. I did a search on the web and couldn't come up with anything
> relevant to this. Part of the problem maybe that I am not searching for the
> right keywords.
>
> Is there a tool available that can take message definitions in XML and
> generate c encoders and decoders?
>
> Thanks!

You should look for the keywords "XML schema" or "XSD" or "XML data
binding".

We have a tool under development that will be able to generate C
encoders/decoders from an XML schema specification (XBinder). An
early access version should be available soon. There are several
tools now available that can generate Java code from XML schema such
as Sun JAXB, Castor, and Zeus.

Regards,

Ed Day
Objective Systems, Inc.
REAL WORLD ASN.1 AND XML SOLUTIONS
Tel: +1 (484) 875-9841
Fax: +1 (484) 875-9830
Toll-free: (877) 307-6855 (USA only)
(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.obj-sys.com

Rosimildo da Silva

Ed Day wrote:

> "John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<M9uVa.29588$Ne.21608@fed1read03>...
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I was told by someone that you can specify a protocol format in xml just
>>like ASN.1. I did a search on the web and couldn't come up with anything
>>relevant to this. Part of the problem maybe that I am not searching for the
>>right keywords.
>>
>>Is there a tool available that can take message definitions in XML and
>>generate c encoders and decoders?

Rogue Wave has a library that allows XSD to be mapped to C++ classes.
I do not think that they support C.

Rosimildo.