Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Update XML files using XML query language?

Update XML files using XML query language?

Jim Cheng

Could I use the XML query language (and with appropriate XML query engine)
to update XML files?

I am pretty sure about querying, but not about updating.

Thanks!

Jim

Sebastian Schaffert

Jim Cheng wrote:

> Could I use the XML query language (and with appropriate XML query engine)
> to update XML files?

No, currently you can't use it as a "real" update language with insertions
and similar. You can however query the source document, alter it through
transformations/queries and write the result to the original file. That is
probably not as efficient as updating should be.

--
Sebastian

PGP Key fingerprint =
13 1D 2E 4F 20 3E C9 1F 4C 57 52 87 8A 80 48 4D F5 E9 97 EC

Jim Cheng

Thanks for your comments.
Do you know where I could find more information about altering querying
expressions to achieve the updating function?

Thank you!

Jim

"Sebastian Schaffert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bg438m$ui8$(E-Mail Removed)-muenchen.de...
> Jim Cheng wrote:
>
> > Could I use the XML query language (and with appropriate XML query

engine)
> > to update XML files?

> No, currently you can't use it as a "real" update language with insertions
> and similar. You can however query the source document, alter it through
> transformations/queries and write the result to the original file. That is
> probably not as efficient as updating should be.
>
> --
> Sebastian
>
> PGP Key fingerprint =
> 13 1D 2E 4F 20 3E C9 1F 4C 57 52 87 8A 80 48 4D F5 E9 97 EC

ASP LIKE query using parameterized query Roland Hall ASP General 8 01-13-2007 05:08 AM
Update Query using XQuery CK XML 2 11-27-2006 09:43 PM
Update Using a parametrized Query jagdishl@gmail.com ASP .Net 1 11-08-2005 09:08 PM
Update query doesn't update table David Shorthouse ASP General 6 06-17-2005 09:23 PM

Advertisments