Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Re: D'ya know a good book on XML and Java?

Re: D'ya know a good book on XML and Java?

Bob Foster

> I am thinking of buying "Processing XML with Java" by Elliotte Rusty
Harold,
> and maybe the O'Really book "Java & XML" by Brett McLaughlin.

I have Elliotte Rusty Harold's book. It's good. The book is well-organized
and has lots of practical examples. Executable code is available on his
website. I've referred to it several times for some code to get started
with. It's also good reading; he has a wry sense of humor that livens up the
proceedings without getting in the way, and the few opinions/interpretations
he chooses to express seem right on. I recommend it.

Brett McLaughlin's book may be fine too, and I could probably read it
through Safari for no (extra) charge, but I haven't felt the need.

Bob Foster