Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Public XML databases?

Public XML databases?

Bren

Does anyone know of any public XML databases that would provide a good
dataset for an XML database application? Ideally something that lists
books (titles, authors, price, ISBN, etc), movies, songs, etc?
Anything that would return an XML database in a text file, or even
SOAP, would be great.

Mirch Masala

"Bren" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Does anyone know of any public XML databases that would provide a good
> dataset for an XML database application? Ideally something that lists
> books (titles, authors, price, ISBN, etc), movies, songs, etc?
> Anything that would return an XML database in a text file, or even
> SOAP, would be great.

Have you looked at some of the XML Database Benchmarks around? Some have
data generators that you could use to configure your own data set. There are
five main XML database benchmarks:

Michigan Benchmark:
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/db/mbench/

XBench Family of Benchmarks:
http://db.uwaterloo.ca/~ddbms/projects/xbench/

XMach-1 Benchmark:
http://dbs.uni-leipzig.de/en/projekt...chmarking.html

XMark Benchmark:
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/xml/index.html

XOO7 Benchmark:
http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~ebh/XOO7.html

vr

--
Akmal B. Chaudhri
Editor, Special Projects (Eclipse, Web Services)

arachno

Hello Bren,

Maybe List of XML DB servers will be useful for you. Have a look at
http://www.stringex.com/?rid=xml&mid=xmlserver

cheers,

--
arachno
http://forums.arachnoware.com

"Bren" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Does anyone know of any public XML databases that would provide a good
> dataset for an XML database application? Ideally something that lists
> books (titles, authors, price, ISBN, etc), movies, songs, etc?
> Anything that would return an XML database in a text file, or even
> SOAP, would be great.

> -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Sebastian Schaffert

Am Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:11:09 -0400 schrieb Bren:

> Does anyone know of any public XML databases that would provide a good
> dataset for an XML database application? Ideally something that lists
> books (titles, authors, price, ISBN, etc), movies, songs, etc?
> Anything that would return an XML database in a text file, or even
> SOAP, would be great.

Maybe "Amazon Web Services" is the thing you are looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/webservices/

Sebastian

Bren

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:01:30 +0200, Sebastian Schaffert
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Am Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:11:09 -0400 schrieb Bren:
>

>> Does anyone know of any public XML databases that would provide a good
>> dataset for an XML database application? Ideally something that lists
>> books (titles, authors, price, ISBN, etc), movies, songs, etc?
>> Anything that would return an XML database in a text file, or even
>> SOAP, would be great.

>Maybe "Amazon Web Services" is the thing you are looking for:
>
>http://www.amazon.com/webservices/
>
>Sebastian

Thanks guys! These are exactly what I was looking for.