Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Another term for XML document

Another term for XML document

midwesthills

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but it will settle a
bet. Is there another name for an XML document? My friend says there
used to be another term for it, I say it was there from the start
(yes, we know we're nerds). If there was another term, what is it?
Thanks!

Richard Tobin

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
midwesthills <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>This is going to sound like a stupid question, but it will settle a
>bet. Is there another name for an XML document? My friend says there
>used to be another term for it, I say it was there from the start
>(yes, we know we're nerds). If there was another term, what is it?

I don't knwo if it's what you're looking for, but SGML and XML
documents are sometimes referred to as "instances" - they are
instances of a document type.

-- Richard

FreeBSD rules!