Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XMI Version 1.1

XMI Version 1.1

Marcia C. Marra de Oliveira

Hi, all!!

I'm working in an application that saves its project files in XMI format,
version 1.0. I'm interested in rewrite it to generate these files in the
version 1.1. I know that the libraries nsuml1-4 and nsmdf0-3
(http://nsuml.sourceforge.net) have some classes to do this, but I don't now
how!! I still haven't found good documents about this... Anyone can help
me??

Thanks,

Marsha. .

Bjoern Hoehrmann

* Marcia C. Marra de Oliveira wrote in comp.text.xml:
>I'm working in an application that saves its project files in XMI format,
>version 1.0. I'm interested in rewrite it to generate these files in the
>version 1.1.

Why? If you don't need to use XML 1.1 you should avoid it.

Julian F. Reschke

"Marcia C. Marra de Oliveira" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:bf7245$5m7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The problem is that I need to do this!
> I need to integrate the application which I'm working with another that

uses
> the version 1.1 of XMI format.

I guess this is a misunderstanding. There is no XML 1.1 spec yet, so by
definition there can't be an application requiring it as input format.

Besides, it really would be extremely dumb to require 1.1 and not to accept
1.0.

Julian F. Reschke

"Julian F. Reschke" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:bf72kk$bfo6l$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "Marcia C. Marra de Oliveira" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:bf7245$5m7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The problem is that I need to do this!
> > I need to integrate the application which I'm working with another that

> uses
> > the version 1.1 of XMI format.

> I guess this is a misunderstanding. There is no XML 1.1 spec yet, so by
> definition there can't be an application requiring it as input format.
>
> Besides, it really would be extremely dumb to require 1.1 and not to

accept
> 1.0.

How interesting. You seem to talk about XM*I*, while Bjoern and myself were
talking about XM*L*.

Sorry, I don't know anything about XMI.

Andy Dingley

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:27:38 +0200, "Julian F. Reschke"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sorry, I don't know anything about XMI.

XMI is a software engineering description protocol, akin to UML. I
think www.omg.org are the owners of it. AFAIK though, V1.2 is the
standard version and 2.0 is the new one

The "M" in WMI stands for metadata, but this protocol has nothing to
do with metadata either.