Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > dynamically appending elements to xml file

dynamically appending elements to xml file

Red Ogden

I would really appreciate some advice on the best way to do this.

The problem is this:
I want to create a web form where the user specifies an existing XML
file name and a value for attribute on an element. The elements
matching this attribute in a second XML file (master) are then
appended to the first user specified XML file. Both XML files have
similar structure but the second file is a master file with a large
number of elements. The elements being selected are complex elements.

I guess this could be done using the DOM or using XSL/JavaScript but I
am not sure which would be most efficient or how to go about it!

I just wondered if anyone had any advice and ideally could provide an
example of a similar script.

Many thanks

Redge.