Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XML-FO In .NET

XML-FO In .NET

Zeev Glozman

Hello everybody

I am trying to do something whcih might seem trivial but unfortunatly i can
not find i soultion. I am trying to produce a pdf document form XML file
while whist XSL-FO schema build in XMLSpy. The problem is findign a
component that would do this trasformation correctly.

I tried NFOP, which is a nice port but requires your client do download
addition 6M for J#, but still it crops some of the images, with an unclear
patteren, while appache FOP does it perfect.

I simply dont belive that there is no native component for C# wich would
work.
Is there ?

Zeev

Ben Gray

To solve a similar requirement we set up an Apache/Tomcat server with Cocoon
,which includes FOP.
Post the xsl-fo doc via xmlhttp (webrequest in dotnet?) and deserialise the
response body.
If it is a high throughput environment you would need to look at the
hardware specs for the Tomcat box.

news:beu5ge$sme$(E-Mail Removed)...