Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Re: How do i recognise a web service ??

Re: How do i recognise a web service ??

Rimu Atkinson

> i went to a web site the other day and i was able to enter in my
> details so that the site host could use that information to send me
> more information about the products of the company through the post.
>
> is that a web service.....?

no

> where did the information i entered go ?

to the computer which hosts the web site you visited. that computer would
probably have taken what you entered, put it in an email and sent that off
to the people who run the web site, so they know to send you some
information. or, it could have just sent you the information directly,
without informing the ownsers... depends on the level of automation they
wanted. then it would have probably directed your browser to a 'thank you
for entering some data' page