Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Re: Problem with Netscape xml processing

Re: Problem with Netscape xml processing

Martin Honnen

sorty wrote:
> I am trying to process some xml code which I have embedded in my HTML document.
> This is allowed as I looked at the Mozilla site.

XML data islands are not support by Mozilla. Use an external XML file
which you load with script

> When I use the nodeName, Netscape Javascript returns the value in UPPER case.

Yes, if you insert some tags in an HTML document they are treated as
HTML and for HTML nodeName/tagName are normalized to upper case letters.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/