Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > html xml extractor

html xml extractor

Marco

Hi,

I am searching for a tool that extract information from a HTLM page
and format it in xml format

For instance for this page:
http://money.guardian.co.uk/pensions...993138,00.html

get an xml file
with a <title> with the title of the article
with a <text> with the text of the article
with a <auuthor> with the text of the article

Do you know such a tool?

Marco

FC

"Marco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> I am searching for a tool that extract information from a HTLM page
> and format it in xml format
>
> For instance for this page:
> http://money.guardian.co.uk/pensions...993138,00.html
>
> get an xml file
> with a <title> with the title of the article
> with a <text> with the text of the article
> with a <auuthor> with the text of the article
>
> Do you know such a tool?
>
> Marco

There is a tool called HTML tidy, if I am not wrong, it converts from HTML
into XHTML.
Everything else is up to you.
Search using HTML tidy.

Bye,