Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Re: rss newsfeed loaded to my mainpage

Re: rss newsfeed loaded to my mainpage

jojo

thanx for your help...i need a bit more detail: now that i have these
style sheets how exactly do i grab the newsfeed, convert to html, and
format for my page> I'm lacking a basic understanding of the mechanics
of a newsgrab.

arachno wrote:
> Simple enough, use free stylesheets from here:
>
> http://www.arachnoware.com/?rid=siteadmin&mid=schemas
>
> There is WDK.Utils section, download rss_stringex.xslt for example, this is
> what you looking for.
>
> "jojo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>How do i do the above? Where can I find a comprehesive listing of news
>>organizations that provide rss feeds?
>>
>>thanx.
>>
>>e.c.g.

Andy Dingley

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 02:42:01 +0300, "arachno" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In my case i have damn simple way to have RSS on my site:

Please don't ever do that (you'll not be able to do it from my sites)

If you're taking RSS feeds from elsewhere, cache them locally. Don;t
hit someone else's servers every time you serve a page on your own
site.

jojo

Anyway you can provide a link to your site so i can check it out?

ecg

arachno wrote:
> heh. honesly it's depends on how you trying to achieve it.
> im using SiteAdmin WDK from arachnoWare Inc. so i have a way there to
> transform XML into HTML and etc with using XSLT on fly. There one line of
> code, instead writing 10-20 of them in the same ASP.
>
> In my case i have damn simple way to have RSS on my site:
>
> <%
> Dim HTTP, RSSContent, RSSLocation
> Set HTTP = Server.CreateObject("WDK.HTTP")
> RSSLocation = "your_rss_location"
> HTTP.RSSSchemaLocation = Server.MapPath
> ("hosted\schemas\rss\rdfrss.xslt")
> RSSContent = HTTP.GetRSSNews(RSSLocation)
> Response.Write RSSContent
> %>
>
> With rdfrss.xslt i have both RSS and RDF newsfeeds processed to plain HTML
> output.
>
> So, its really simple.
> cheers,
> Ev.
>
> "jojo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>thanx for your help...i need a bit more detail: now that i have these
>>style sheets how exactly do i grab the newsfeed, convert to html, and
>>format for my page> I'm lacking a basic understanding of the mechanics
>>of a newsgrab.
>>
>>arachno wrote:
>>
>>>Simple enough, use free stylesheets from here:
>>>
>>>http://www.arachnoware.com/?rid=siteadmin&mid=schemas
>>>
>>>There is WDK.Utils section, download rss_stringex.xslt for example,

> this is
>
>>>what you looking for.
>>>
>>>"jojo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Two ways to generate RSS - rss/maker and rss/2.0 - which is better? Jonathan Groll Ruby 1 06-27-2009 03:53 AM
RSS newsfeed Dennis Allen ASP General 3 11-21-2005 09:00 PM
Limiting RSS Newsfeed to 10 Items (Headlines) Specter XML 0 07-13-2004 11:15 PM
good cljp public newsfeed Jean Lutrin Java 1 05-27-2004 07:17 PM
RSS newsfeed Trevor Andrews XML 0 01-24-2004 07:45 AM

Advertisments