Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Re: Allowing Duplicate IDs - XML Schema

Re: Allowing Duplicate IDs - XML Schema

GB

> I'd rename it to "language_code" and remove the ID restriction in the
> schema. Then enforce the relationships through the application layer,
> not this syntactic layer.

That's what I suggested - but it's not ideal. The schema is used by at
least a dozen different apps it would be a bit of a pain to have to
duplicate the code in each place to check this. It would be much nice
if we could enforce this "id integrity" using the schema/parser that
is the only thing in common between all the apps.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Anyone else got any suggestions???