Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: where can i get IE for os x?

Re: where can i get IE for os x?

Bruce Grubb

In article <Xns97B386824D074httpwwwneredbojiasco@208.49.80.25 1>,
Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html> wrote:

> To further the education of mankind, Mimic <(E-Mail Removed)> vouchsafed:

> >> Even IE follows most of the 4.0.1 standard. Most of its problems are
> >> in the gee wizardry areas and css. Keeping this to a minimum does
> >> wonders.

> > Wow, in the whole troll vs tard battle, it seems to shifting towards
> > tard. Would you mind showing me/us some of your work?

> Excuse me, what's a "tard"? -A female turd?

Put re in front and it should be clear. If the guy who posted this doesn't
knwo I am the maintain of the Mac-site-list (formally Mac-FTP-list) which
went HTML compliet years ago then they really have no clue.

Steve Pugh

Bruce Grubb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Bruce Grubb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > You say patayto I say potauto.

>> You are out of your depth and can't see it.

>Seems that is your problem.
>
>"The HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is an application of the
>International Standard ISO 8879"
>
>(ISO/IEC 15445:2000)

That's not HTML 4.01 (and certainly not HTML 4.0.1 which doesn't
exist).

HTML 4.01 and ISO HTML are two different specifications though the
latter is mostly based on the former. And as all browsers treat them
the same it's purely a technical difference. But when you say "the
4.0.1 standard" and then equate that to "ISO/IEC 15445:2000" you are
talking about two different things and have to expect to be called on
that in a technical discussion.

Steve

Alan J. Flavell

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Bruce Grubb wrote:

> [...]

[...]
> Seems that is your problem.
>
> "The HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is an application of the
> International Standard ISO 8879"
>
> (ISO/IEC 15445:2000)

An amusing swerve on your part - but we're still waiting for you to
justify your apparent reference to some mystifical "HTML 4.0.1
Standard".

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Bruce Grubb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > You are out of your depth and can't see it.

> Seems that is your problem.
>
> "The HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is an application of the
> International Standard ISO 8879"
>
> (ISO/IEC 15445:2000)

I am always out of my depths, I fight for breath in all sorts of
places, I know other denizens of the deep well.

(O... and please don't make any further references out of all
context to impressive-sounding standards)

--
dorayme