Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Convert html to Xhtml ?

Convert html to Xhtml ?

MoiMeme

Hi,

I have some html pages that I need to convert to xhtml format to be able to
read them on my smartphone that only understands xhtml so I am told by Nokia
support

Any way to achieve this ? I have no html knowledge at all

TIA for hints !

baba.dessa@gmail.com

You probably have two routes. Find someone to do it for you or study
up and do it yourself. If you're technically inclined, take a look at
www.w3schools.com and go through their tutorials. One problem that you
may run into is if you need to have the Strict version of xhtml. If
so, then you had better hope that your developer used CSS (Cascading
Style Sheets) to do the presentation, because if not you could run into
a lot more work because strict requires that the content and
presentation be separated. Hope this helped some.
BabaFree

frederick

MoiMeme wrote:
> I have some html pages that I need to convert to xhtml format to be able to
> read them on my smartphone that only understands xhtml so I am told by Nokia
> support
>
> Any way to achieve this ? I have no html knowledge at all

I'm a little unclear as to what exactly you're asking.

Do you mean that you have your own website that you want to know how to
change, or do you mean that you can't get your 'phone to work with
someone else's site?

If the former, then we'd need more details; for example, a URL.

If the latter, then there's probably not anything that you can
realistically do, although it might not hurt to contact the site owner
to let them know that you're having difficulties accessing their site.

--
AGw.

mbstevens

MoiMeme wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some html pages that I need to convert to xhtml format to be able to
> read them on my smartphone that only understands xhtml so I am told by Nokia
> support
>
> Any way to achieve this ? I have no html knowledge at all
>
> TIA for hints !

Run it through HTML Tidy (free download, link in w3.org).