Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > green policies

green policies

bobbrown1951@hotmail.com

Have you wandered when its minus ten outside in march how scientists
say its 3 degrees aove normal.I sometimes wander if there just trying
to protect their jobs. Goverment is very quick to accept all they say
perhaps it is a way of justifying so called green taxes which I believe
is another way of screwing more money out of the poor energy user. Any
one have any thoughts on this for or against

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> vouchsafed:

> Have you wandered when its minus ten outside in march how scientists
> say its 3 degrees aove normal.

I wander around in all weather.

--
Neredbojias
Infinity can have limits.

Toby Inkster

> Have you wandered when its minus ten outside in march how scientists
> say its 3 degrees aove normal.

Well, I assume they look up a chart that tells them that the average
temperature at this time of year during the period 1850-1870 was X;
then calculate the average temperature for this time of year over, say,
1986-2006 and call that Y, then calculate the difference Y-X.

This is because one particularly cold day, with a temperature of minus
ten is hardly a reliable indicator of long-term global weather patterns.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

JDS

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:53:57 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Have you wandered when its minus ten outside

Not so much. Too cold for wandering.

Is this an HTML question? I can sorta see how maybe it is, given the new
line of weather related tags in HTML 4.03w Strict, but yet you don't
etc.

--
JDS | (E-Mail Removed)lid
| http://www.newtnotes.com

frederick

JDS wrote:
> Is this an HTML question? I can sorta see how maybe it is, given the new
> line of weather related tags in HTML 4.03w Strict, but yet you don't
> etc.

It really is about time that <cold> and <grey> were deprecated, though.

I mean, what good do they do most of the time?

--
AGw.