Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > images on the web

images on the web

News

Hi;

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good site to go and get proffessional
images. I do NOT want to spend heaps of money but would like to find a site
where quality images of a wide scope of topics are marketed. I would like to
pay a set fee and be able to use X amount of images permenately.

--

Totus possum, totum Deum.
Totus ero, totum meum.

David Segall

"News" <warren@no_S_P_A_M_wyght.com> wrote:

>Hi;
>
>I was wondering if anyone knows of a good site to go and get proffessional
>images. I do NOT want to spend heaps of money but would like to find a site
>where quality images of a wide scope of topics are marketed. I would like to
>pay a set fee and be able to use X amount of images permenately.

<http://www.sxc.hu/index.phtml> is free although some of the
photographs have copyright restrictions for commercial use.
<http://www.dreamstime.com/freephotos> is cheap and has a daily free
photograph.

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "News"
<warren@no_S_P_A_M_wyght.com> vouchsafed:

> Hi;
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows of a good site to go and get
> proffessional images. I do NOT want to spend heaps of money but would
> like to find a site where quality images of a wide scope of topics are
> marketed. I would like to pay a set fee and be able to use X amount of
> images permenately.

I've seen these as ads on other sites, but the price wasn't practical. One
I remember said something like "...100,000 copy-free images, discounted
from $599.00 to _only_ $399.00!" Such a deal...

--
Neredbojias
Infinity can have limits.

frederick@southernskies.co.uk

News wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knows of a good site to go and get proffessional
> images. I do NOT want to spend heaps of money but would like to find a site
> where quality images of a wide scope of topics are marketed. I would like to
> pay a set fee and be able to use X amount of images permenately.

The following random assortment meet your criteria to a lesser or
greater extent:
iStockphoto <http://www.istockphoto.com>
Inmagine <http://www.inmagine.com>
stock.xchng <http://www.sxc.hu>
DesignPacks.com <http://www.designpacks.com>
Stockvault <http://www.stockvault.net>
Fotolia <http://www.fotolia.co.uk>

HTH...

--
AGw.

Paul Watt

"News" <warren@no_S_P_A_M_wyght.com> wrote in message
> Hi;
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows of a good site to go and get proffessional
> images. I do NOT want to spend heaps of money but would like to find a
> site where quality images of a wide scope of topics are marketed. I would
> like to pay a set fee and be able to use X amount of images permenately.

http://www.istockphoto.com/index.php is pretty good. good value royalty free
images

Paul

News

"David Segall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "News" <warren@no_S_P_A_M_wyght.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi;
>>
>>I was wondering if anyone knows of a good site to go and get proffessional
>>images. I do NOT want to spend heaps of money but would like to find a
>>site
>>where quality images of a wide scope of topics are marketed. I would like
>>pay a set fee and be able to use X amount of images permenately.

> <http://www.sxc.hu/index.phtml> is free although some of the
> photographs have copyright restrictions for commercial use.
> <http://www.dreamstime.com/freephotos> is cheap and has a daily free
> photograph.

Thanks I will go and check those sites out.

--

Totus possum, totum Deum.
Totus ero, totum meum.

News

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> News wrote:
>> I was wondering if anyone knows of a good site to go and get
>> proffessional
>> images. I do NOT want to spend heaps of money but would like to find a
>> site
>> where quality images of a wide scope of topics are marketed. I would like
>> pay a set fee and be able to use X amount of images permenately.

> The following random assortment meet your criteria to a lesser or
> greater extent:
> iStockphoto <http://www.istockphoto.com>
> Inmagine <http://www.inmagine.com>
> stock.xchng <http://www.sxc.hu>
> DesignPacks.com <http://www.designpacks.com>
> Stockvault <http://www.stockvault.net>
> Fotolia <http://www.fotolia.co.uk>
>
> HTH...
>

> --
> AGw.

Wow thanks I will checks these out
--

Totus possum, totum Deum.
Totus ero, totum meum.

News

"Paul Watt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "News" <warren@no_S_P_A_M_wyght.com> wrote in message
>> Hi;
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone knows of a good site to go and get
>> proffessional images. I do NOT want to spend heaps of money but would
>> like to find a site where quality images of a wide scope of topics are
>> marketed. I would like to pay a set fee and be able to use X amount of
>> images permenately.
>>

> http://www.istockphoto.com/index.php is pretty good. good value royalty
> free images
>
> Paul

Thanks for this site I will check it out

--

Totus possum, totum Deum.
Totus ero, totum meum.

Blinky the Shark

Paul Watt wrote:

> "News" <warren@no_S_P_A_M_wyght.com> wrote in message
>> Hi;
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone knows of a good site to go and get
>> proffessional images. I do NOT want to spend heaps of money but would
>> like to find a site where quality images of a wide scope of topics are
>> marketed. I would like to pay a set fee and be able to use X amount of
>> images permenately.
>>

> http://www.istockphoto.com/index.php is pretty good. good value royalty
> free images

That are for sale. Not that that invalidates that they're roalty free.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Nik Coughlin