Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Is this table CSS okay?!

Is this table CSS okay?!

PHP SoftGroups

Is this table CSS okay?!

www.softgroups.com/register.php

or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
that yellow color into a blakc one?!

frederick@southernskies.co.uk

PHP SoftGroups wrote:
> Is this table CSS okay?!
>
> www.softgroups.com/register.php

Please validate your HTML before requesting advice:
<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fsoftgroups.com%2F register.php>

Please validate your CSS before requesting advice:
<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css2&warning=2&uri=http%3A%2F%2F softgroups.com%2Fregister.php>

And for the trifecta, I'd strongly urge you to check your spelling!

> or I better remove those yellow dots?!

What yellow dots? [Firefox 1.5.0.1]

> by the way , how I can change
> that yellow color into a blakc one?!

The only yellow that I can see is the background colour of "Register",
which you've explicitly defined in your class "fbuton".

Why are you using table layout instead of divs?

Oh, and the words "soft" and "groups" aren't sitting on the same
baseline in your logo.

--
AGw.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

PHP SoftGroups wrote:

> Is this table CSS okay?!
>
> www.softgroups.com/register.php
>
> or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
> that yellow color into a blakc one?!

No yellow dots here either. Firefox, Opera, or IE.

Please! Remove the border-style: dotted from your CSS.
.ftd {
border-style: dotted;
(Fortunately, that doesn't work in Opera)

Plus all the usual comments about fixed font sizing, use of Verdana,
etc. Don't do it.

Spelling. "Unfornetly" ... "hundrets" ...

" ** If you check this box, your website will be made public, ... "
Two asterisks? That refers to nothing on the page.

You might as well not bother to have "terms&conditions". <lol>
http://softgroups.com/terms.php

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Nije Nego

On 16 Apr 2006 07:04:35 -0700, PHP SoftGroups wrote:

> Is this table CSS okay?!
>
> www.softgroups.com/register.php
>

> or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
> that yellow color into a blakc one?!

It is not OK.
Check validator, you have 30 errors.

What yellow dots?

You need a doctype.

This code
marginheight="0">
should be managed by css.

This code
should be managed by css.

This code
needs a closing tag, but would been apropriate with <h2> and <p>

--
o'tom po'tom

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> You might as well not bother to have "terms&conditions". <lol>
> http://softgroups.com/terms.php

Brilliant!! I'd like to see someone try to rely on that in a European
court...

--
AGw.

Jonathan N. Little

PHP SoftGroups wrote:
> Is this table CSS okay?!
>
> www.softgroups.com/register.php
>

> or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
> that yellow color into a blakc one?!

To answer what I think your are asking, the table for your input form is
okay. Everything else is incorrect, that's an example of 'table layout'
and should be avoided. BTW your markup is a mish-mash of presentational
and deprecated markup, time to review what is current, expecial when one
is in the business, right?

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Martin Jay

In message <4442665e$0$3701$(E-Mail Removed)>, Jonathan N.
Little <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>PHP SoftGroups wrote:
>> Is this table CSS okay?!
>> www.softgroups.com/register.php
>> or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can
>>change
>> that yellow color into a blakc one?!

>To answer what I think your are asking, the table for your input form
>is okay.

What are peoples' thoughts about using tables for this sort of form
input? It looks good, degrades nicely, and I've never seen a better
alternative.
--
Martin Jay

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "PHP SoftGroups" <(E-Mail Removed)>
vouchsafed:

> Is this table CSS okay?!
>
> www.softgroups.com/register.php
>

> or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
> that yellow color into a blakc one?!

Very interesting! They're (kinda) yellow in IE but blue in Firefox. How
did you do that?

--
Neredbojias
Infinity can have limits.

Jonathan N. Little

Martin Jay wrote:
> In message <4442665e$0$3701$(E-Mail Removed)>, Jonathan N.
> Little <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>> To answer what I think your are asking, the table for your input form
>> is okay.

> What are peoples' thoughts about using tables for this sort of form
> input? It looks good, degrades nicely, and I've never seen a better
> alternative.

Well depending on that you are trying to accomplish I have styled LABEL
and INPUT as block with a slight left margin on INPUT creates a rather
attractive:

label for a:
[input a]

label for b:
[input b]

Alternatively, grouping related controls with labels in DIVs which I
float left so if the viewport is wide enough the grouping stack
horizontally, but flexible so when viewport is narrowed the groups
stack vertically. This can be a very efficient approach.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO